A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Yesterday we went to go visit my great-grandma Jensen. It was so good to see her and she seemed more herself than the last couple times I've seen her. She told us some stories and it is always fun to listen to her. I was glad that she got to hold Madolin and see Hyrum. She is so amazing! She made us grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for lunch. She is 99 and I can't think of anyone I would rather be like at her age (not that I really want to live that long lol). She did burn the sandwiches, but they still tasted pretty good. We went to the cemetery and spent about 20 minutes trying to find Grandma and Grandpa Stephens' gravestones. It was actually really neat to be able to look at all the gravestones and think about all the people and the different stories they had. There was one that had a bunch of flowers around it and then a Coca Cola can right under the name. I thought that was almost funny as my dad is an avid Diet Coke fan. Kinda made me chuckle. It was an amazing sight to see ALL the flowers by all the graves. There were hardly any that didn't have some flowers by them. I've never gone to a cemetery on Memorial day, so it was a really good experience for me. It helped me remember my grandparents as well. I loved them so much! And still do. Sometimes my heart just aches because I miss them so much, but I know that they are in a better place and I will be with them again.

I went for a walk with my kids. It always helps everyone to get out of the house. I really like exercising. I just forget that I do. LOL. I went for 35 minutes and tried to keep my pace up. It felt so good and I am in such a better mood now. Hyrum kept asking for leaves and flowers and Madolin fell asleep. They are such great kids! I need to make some dinner soon because Hyrum told me he was hungry. I gave him a snack, but that won't hold him over for too long. I think I am going to make french toast and hash browns.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I just caught up on your posts. It's so nice to see what is going on with you and the kids. Good luck finding a house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home