A Day In the Life of Me

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Four weeks

I can hardly believe that four weeks ago today I was sitting in a hospital bed with my brand new baby Graham. It seems like with each additional kid I've had that the time speeds up a little more. I swear I was just going through this all for the first time with Hyrum. Now he's 6 years old and I am amazed at how much he is learning on a daily basis. I am really trying to treasure every moment with Graham as I know that he is already growing and changing faster than I can tell. I already can't imagine life without the little man. He is definitely a part of our family.


When Maddy looks at him or holds him she has started saying, "He's so cute! He's so darn, darn cute!" Hyrum and Maddy still ask to hold him all the time and I love that they are so interested and caring. Miles will pucker up his lips when he sees him passing by in my arms to give him a kiss on the head. I am still pleasantly surprised with how well Miles is doing and how gentle he is with him. And I am finally feeling like I can handle this whole four kids thing. Not that I'm going to be taking them all to the grocery store by myself anytime soon or anything, but I don't feel overwhelmed constantly anymore.

Today I went on a walk with my mom with all the kids (2 double strollers so all the kids are sitting and we are both pushing) and then let the kids play at the park for a while. It was a great mommy day! I just feel so happy and content and that days like today are the reason why I've wanted to be a mom my entire life. I've also decided that I need to start taking the kids out to do something fun once a week. My mom offered to come help whenever I wanted her to, so that will be nice so I don't feel like I can't do it by myself. I'm thinking anything around that's free (I'm open to suggestions) like a duck pond, BYU Art Museum, picnic, library, etc. And some not so free things too, of course like swimming at the pool, dollar theater movies, zoo, etc. I'm excited and think the kids will love getting out of the house and, heck, so will I! It's going to be a great summer!

7 Comments:

At 10:11 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

These are so great!

-Jay

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Tricia said...

I can't believe it's been four weeks and I haven't gotten my behind over there to hold him... I really want to... they are all so precious! I can't believe how much Maddy reminds me of Beth in that picture of her holding Graham... maybe it's her cute haircut, but wow - she looks like her aunt did at that age! Lucky girl! *Ü*

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a cute family, Melissa!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Those really are cute pictures! I love the one with Jay smooching Graham and the look on both of their faces. You really are great at capturing the perfect moment. I need you to do our family pictures soon, just as soon as Mason's hair grows in a bit...he did a Maddy and gave himself a fresh summer cut! AAArrrgggghh! Thank goodness he's a boy and a buzz works. Tricia, thanks for the compliment, I think Maddy is just the cutest little girl! Wow Melissa, I looked at the shot of the four kids and thought that is just the cutest family.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for the great compliments everyone. :)

Tricia, Jay will sometimes say that Maddy's personality reminds him of Beth when she was little. Totally puts a smile on my face!

Beth, anytime you want me to take pictures, I can! Just let me know.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

He is so cute!

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ummm...HELLO! come to logan! I'll take you around!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home