A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Birthday and Anniversary

So, the last week has been a little crazy. Lots of stuff going on and lots to do so this has really been my first chance to post.


Hyrum turned 6 years old on the 28th and Jay and I celebrated our 7 year Anniversary on the 29th. For Hyrum's birthday we invited all the family and the Frank's over for cake and ice cream on Sunday. It was great to have (almost) everyone here and Hyrum absolutely loved having all his cousins there to play with.


For presents he got a new PS2 game, Bolt, from Grandma and Grandpa Stephens, Uno and a light saber from the Henry's, a handmade library bag from Grammy Lemon, a notebook and some cool two-sided colored pencils from the Frank's, Playdough from the Turley's, a slide for the backyard from the Dave Blair family, Sour Patch Kids from the Kolz's, and we got him some new art supplies, a kite, and Pinocchio. He was so excited about all the presents and I was impressed with his manners and saying thank you to everyone with little help from me.
When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday he was adamant that he wanted a blueberry cake. I looked online for a possible recipe and almost all of them were more of a coffee cake than a birthday cake. So, I improvised. I used the same recipe I have for strawberry cake from scratch and substituted everything strawberry for blueberry. It turned out pretty good and was a very pretty blue color. Hyrum was really excited to have it be blue and I put a Spiderman stuck in his web on top for some fun. I also made chocolate cupcakes so we'd be sure to have enough cake for everyone.

He had an absolute blast and was talking about it still the next day. I'm so grateful we have family and friends. We are so blessed! Thanks everyone for coming and helping make Hyrum's birthday extra special!
I do want to take a quick minute here at the end and say how much I absolutely love my not-so-little oldest boy. He brings such joy in my life and amazes me with what he learns and knows and does every day. He adds so much to our family and I can't imagine it without him in it! I love you to the moon and back, Hyrum!

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Great post babe!

I wanted to tell Bob, Becky, and Savanah Morgan thakn you for the book they sent, and that we look forward to seeing you all as soon as the snow stops acting all funky!

-Jay

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Beth said...

That was yummy cake!

Do you remember when he was unwrapping the kite, and someone(probably Jay) said, "oh yea Hyrum, underwear!" Well, Mason asked, "underwear?" and we said no, it's a kite! ? Well, we were in the store the other day, and Mason happened to see a display of kids kites, and excitedly stated, "look!underwear, Mom!" It was so funny!!

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

It was so much fun to see everyone! Thanks for having us all over - Hope you had a happy day Hyrum! We love you!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger deb sorensen said...

I have been waiting for this post because I knew it was coming! Happy, late, Birthday Hyrum, you stud muffin, you! I still remember the day you were born. I also remember just after you started to walk, Nick would chase after you and throw socks and you and you LOVED it! So many people love you, boy. (including us, of course).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home