A Day In the Life of Me

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Control Freak

So, I realize I'm a little bit of a control freak. Especially in the kitchen... especially when I'm baking.  If Jay tries to hug and/or kiss me while I'm in the middle of baking something I have to try really hard not to get annoyed, but usually just try to brush him off and tell him I'm in the middle of something.  My biggest pet peeve (which is unfortunate for my kids) is taking fingerfulls of batter of whatever I happen to be making while I'm still adding things to it.  I've mostly put a stop to this by telling them if they don't sneak a taste they can have a spoonful at the end when it will taste the best anyway.  And that seems to put the itchy fingers at bay for the most part.  Tonight Maddy helped me make brownies from scratch (per Jay's request). She LOVES to help and as much as I'd rather just do it myself, I do enjoy the bonding moments and learning experiences for her.  A lot of my best memories growing up are from baking in the kitchen with my mom and my older sister. So, I try to get the control freak part of me under, well, control and let my kids help me so they can have similar memories.  Off to enjoy a fresh from the oven brownie!

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM , Blogger Tricia said...

I can't even tell you how comforting it is to know that I'm not the only one...
and I'm a little envious of all the baking you're doing lately! *Ü*

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm...that's like the sweetest post ever...

My problem with ichy fingers is usually they're mine!

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Debbie, I used to have itchy fingers, too until it started to bug me when other people did it... then the urge just left until the batter is done. After it's done, I won't say what happens. ;)

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Your homemade brownies are SOOOOOO good! Just thinking about them is making me drool...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home