A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great weekend!

Jay and I had a great long weekend.  We both had monday off, so that was a nice treat.  We went out to lunch at Zupas (YUM!) and then went and saw Horton Hears a Who at the dollar theater with the kids.  It was a cute movie and the kids behaved perfectly.  We later had my parents over for pizza with us.  It was fun to just hang out for a bit and eat some yummy food (that I didn't have to make).  I'm so blessed to have such wonderful parents.

The highlight of the weekend for me was Saturday afternoon... When Jay got back from what I thought was just running to the bank and surprised me with a new lens for my camera! I've been wanting a 50mm fixed lens for a long time, but couldn't ever justify the price tag.  I have such a great husband! He said that I work hard and deserve it... and that he knew it was something I wouldn't ever buy for myself. Soooo, I played with it quite a bit on Saturday and WOW! I LOVE IT! It makes a world of difference in the pictures I take.  Jay played with it some too.  :) The first two are ones I took and the second two are ones that Jay took.  I have to say, I think I like his pictures better!  I need to be more creative with my picture taking.

05/24/2008
Hello, hottie! Love this picture of Jay!

Photobucket
Maddy Jane is such a pretty girl!

Photobucket
I love that Hyrum has his hands in his pockets... such a Hyrum thing! And I love the angle of this.

05/24/2008
And I don't know if you can see it here, but there is a bee on one of the flowers on the right. SO COOL that Jay caught that! Not to mention the awesome colors!

3 Comments:

At 4:45 AM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Mestebla,

I still think that picture of me is a bit on the "holy cow look at my pores" side. But hey, ya can't win 'em all 'eh? ;)

I am glad you dig your lens as much as you do...now go take more cool pictures!

-Jay

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Just Jen said...

Have fun with your new lense Melissa! That is the next lense I want to get. :)

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Melissa,
You really have a gift at taking pictures. Jay, when I saw that picture of you, I thought you are so handsome, bro! You guys are the cutest couple.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home