A Day In the Life of Me

Thursday, May 01, 2008

For the record...

In case anyone was curious and didn't have the guts that two Archiver's customers (within the last 2 1/2 months) have had to ask, I am most definitely not pregnant.  Yep, I have now been asked twice when my baby is due when I was at work.  I'm just carrying some extra weight, not a fetus  that I haven't been motivated to exercise off.  Apart from being a rude question, I have to admit, I can't blame them too much from asking.  And now thanks to those two ladies, I am NOW motivated!  I usually hesitate to actually say anything about exercising, especially in such a public way because then if I fall off the band wagon and I complain about wanting to lose weight, then I've got a myriad of people to remind me what I said I was going to do and failed at.  I actually called my mom tonight to vent a bit and to get an exercise buddy.  With both of us working and Jay working early in the morning, it might be a little difficult to come up with a time that we can work out together, but I think we can do it.  We discussed that Kara got a Dance Dance Revolution for her Mother's Day present early and that I'd see what Jay thought about me getting a computer version for me and she would buy a pad so we could do it together.  I've actually wanted to get one, but haven't made it a priority.  I think it would be a great, fun way to get exercise!  If it doesn't work out, I can always go on the treadmill downstairs... it's just not as exciting.  Anyway, wish me luck! I am wanting to be able to fit into my capris soon! :)

4 Comments:

At 7:06 AM , Blogger Steffani said...

We love dance dance revolution at our house and it can definitely be a workout. Good luck...I've got tons of weight to lose, so keep your head up.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

can i have some of your motivation? :) good for you and good luck!!! you'll do great!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Yep, you'll do great Mel. Some people are so stupid to ask that question. Good luck, I know that you'll do great!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger islandgirl said...

UGH! I can't believe that! Been there, done that, though! I've been thinking about that DDR thing too, but we just got a gym membership to Lehi Legacy Center, so maybe I should just actually GO this time, LOL!

I tagged you on my blog too, so go there to check out the details!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home