A Day In the Life of Me

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Host

The Host
So, I started out slowly and thinking I could stretch reading this book over a couple weeks or so.  I was doing well until yesterday morning when I picked up the book to read while the kids watched a couple morning cartoons.  And that is when I got completely sucked in.  Stephenie Meyer does such a good job with getting you to really love the characters in her books.  I finished the book yesterday with cringing when I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2:00 and realizing that I must stop reading to feed myself and my children (by the way, they didn't complain at all about being hungry).  I don't think I even got dressed until about 1:00 and that was because Jay gets off at 1:30 and I didn't want him to think that I didn't get dressed because I was too busy reading.  Not that he would really care that much.  Anyway, good book! Loved the ending and have been thinking about the book and characters all day today.  If you liked the Twilight books at all, then you must read this.  It is more of an adult novel because it is kind of more serious and -- not really scary, but I can't find the right word that I'm wanting to use -- graphic maybe? Anyway, you must go buy this or borrow it from someone you know and read! And then, when you are done, call me, because I would love to talk to you about it.  And now I'm really wanting the Twilight series' fourth book to read! 

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

I've been wondering how his book compares to the Twilight series...I LOVED those. I hadn't even heard of them until my young women couldn't stop talking about them at camp last year. Of course I had to read them and of course I got hooked. Can't wait for number four and also for the movie to come out in December...

Yay - a new book to read... gotta love that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home