A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

BLACKBERRIES!

My MIL has 4 long rows of blackberries in her garden and they are beginning to ripen. We (my mom, my Aunt Dixie, me, and my kids) went to pick them this morning. Here are some pictures from the event.

My mom and the kids picking blackberries. :)

Two messy faces. Aren't they CUTE?


And my mom's, Dixie's, and my hands after picking for about an hour and a half.

We made some jam afterwards and my mom and Dixie wanted to freeze their share to use in things like pies and shakes. This is one of my very favorite things to do each summer. I am so grateful that my MIL is willing ot let us come pick blackberries from her garden. There is just NOTHING like popping a fresh, juicy, sweet, plump, delicious blackberry in your mouth straight from the vine. (and yes, most of the blackberries I picked ended up coming home in baskets and NOT in my tummy. ;) ) We plan on going back one more time, probably next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home