A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Okay, okay, I'm updating already!

When I started this blog I thought I would probably get out of the habit, but didn't want to. I guess the nice thing about this is that people bug you to update it. LOL. Anyway... the fourth was AWESOME! It was such a fun day! Thanks to my great mom who loves being a grandma. :) We went to Walmart in the morning while my dad and Jay were shopping (for a grill that my mom didn't know about, but was sooo excited -- and I mean she squealed excited about it). We got a sprinkler head for the boys to run through and some weird HUGE bubble maker thingy. We also got some other various stuff for the barbeque that night. Kara came over around 1:00 and we let the boys play outside for a while as we got some stuff ready (mostly cleaned up and chatted). When they started looking warm we changed them into swim trunks and gave them squirt guns to play with. (We were going to turn on the sprinklers, but Kara wanted to be there to take pics of their first reactions and she was eating lunch.) Xander could do it really well and could even aim! Hyrum would haphazardly shoot it, but couldn't aim very well at all. And Max was hilarious! He had it turned around backwards and would shoot himself in the head every time! It was so funny! Especially because almost everytime he would get surprised... guess he didn't realize he was doing it himself. Then we turned on the sprinklers and boy did those boys love that! Hyrum and Max kept grabbing it so it would stop spinning, but other than that, they LOVED it! Grandma even showed them how to jump over it, which they thought was pretty cool. I think they probably played in the sprinklers for an hour! After the sprinklers, Grandma whipped out the mega huge bubble maker! I can not even explain how much the boys loved those! Ty would make the bubbles and they would chase after them trying to pop them. They really liked it when they would pop and the stuff would get on them! Xander even started squeezing his eyes shut right before he would pop them so it wouldn't get in his eyes. We then put Sing Yourself Silly from Sesame Street on for them to watch. They were all pretty tired at this point, but who wants to take a nap when you are having so much fun?!? Kara and I then went to Michaels and wandered the whole store. We checked out the new Chatterbox line that is exclusive to them (which is VERY cute, btw) and Kara got the stuff to make a cigar box purse. We spent a while figuring out what she should decorate it with. It was so fun to go without any kids though. We came home and started dinner. I cut up watermelon while the food was being grilled. We had the choice of chicken or hot dogs. Both of which were really good, by the way. We had the works! Watermelon, corn on the cob, devilled eggs, garlic bread... SO good!!! Oh, and while we were at Michaels, Hyrum fell asleep at the table while he was eating. Definitely made me laugh! I wish Jay would have gotten a picture though! Oh well. We hung out for a while and talked between dinner and fireworks. I got Kara to take some family pictures since we all got the $5 Old Navy Fourth of July t-shirts. I think we got some cute ones! We started the fireworks as soon as we could because all the kids were pretty exhausted. They loved them! They would clap after each one and Hyrum got pretty restless. He kept switching chairs and people... could not hold still for the life of him! Max fell asleep on Grandma's lap since he was exhausted from the hard play and no nap all day long. Hyrum went to sleep without any fuss and so did I! We were all tired from such a fun-filled day!

I promise to try to be better at updating my blog. I know I need to just make some time for it! Keep pestering me if it's been a few days and I haven't updating! Someone's gotta kick my rear in gear! ;)

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Blogger Jen said...

so where are those pictures :) I wanna see!

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Ummm... Kara still has them. Meant to take a CD to burn them onto when I went to her house today, but I forgot.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Jen said...

tsk tsk ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home