A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hyrum brag

So, last week I had a parent/teacher conference with Hyrum's teacher (who is just fantastic by the way) and she said he is doing really well. The first thing she had to say about him had to do with his folder that he colored. If you know Hyrum at all you know he LOVES to color/draw/paint/etc. Well, here is his folder:His teacher showed me some of the other children's folders and commented on how bold and bright his is and how every space was filled with color. She then told me a story about Eric Carle, the author of the books "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?". How when he was in preschool his teacher noticed his impressive artwork, hung it up all over the walls when his mom came to parent/teacher conference and asked what she thought of the art display which her reply was that she thought it was great and asked who did them all. She was pretty surprised that they were all done by her son. Anyway, I guess she was saying she has noticed the same kind of thing with Hyrum, which is no news to me. He is also doing great with uppercase and lowercase letters and sounds and with his numbers. He needs more work on not talking out of turn (as do most kindergarteners, I think), but he does really well with listening and following directions. He still has a hard time memorizing things like his phone number and address, but we're working on it. He can even sound out some short words! Oh, and when his teacher asked him what he could do to help the class he said "I will lov [love]". So very Hyrum! :) Anyway, I think that's all I can really remember, but I'm so proud of how well he is doing in school and how quickly he is learning.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger islandgirl said...

That picture is so fun, love the bright colors! Wish I were Nancy and could see both Hyrums and Xanders artwork every time I came to the school!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Jen Gallacher said...

So are we going up to the crop for a bit or what? Do you and Kara think you might go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home