A Day In the Life of Me

Saturday, February 09, 2008

As the mom of 3 kids...

I will be the first to tell you that being a mom is not easy.  Especially with them all under five years old.  The fighting, the whining, the late night feedings, the drawing on walls... It is all worth it at moments like I just witnessed.  After it being very apparent that Maddy actually needed a nap today (I thought she might not take one since she got a hold of my Dr Pepper today without me knowing and drank quite a bit of it) she was mad at me (something that happens quite a bit with her and I'm guessing will not stop until she has children of her own) and asked for Hyrum.  I thought maybe she just wanted a kiss from him.  He came in, blew her a kiss, and started to leave and she called for him back.  She asked him to sing to her and he asked what she wanted him to sing.  Twinkle twinkle little star (of course).  Hyrum proceeds to look into her eyes and sing the whole song and they both were smiling such sweet smiles.  After he finished Maddy said, "thank you, Hyrum. I love you." And Hyrum responds with, "I love you, too, Maddy.  You're my favorite." Talk about melting my heart!  Sure makes the hard times worth it to see something like that transpire between my kids. 

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger Steffani said...

That is adorable. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is Hailey's favorite too and she sings it to Alyssa several times a day. Love those tender moments!

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Babe,

I am glad you posted this--the babies are growing up so fast and little things like this that they say to each other, when written down, become the stuff of family legend.

Thank you!
Jay

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger amber said...

i love it when my kids stop fighting and actually appreciate each other! those moments are the best!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home