A Day In the Life of Me

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Since it's been so long...

This will be a catch up post, since I haven't posted in forever. (uh, sorry about that.) So, I had a dr's appointment last tuesday where they checked my cervix and I'm dialated to 3cm and 60% effaced. I've been having contractions off and on the past couple weeks, so I'm not really surprised. Also, before you get too excited, this is pretty normal for me to be dialated that much and not have anything happen. It seems nothing gets going until my water breaks. Anyway, they are going to strip my membranes at my appointment I have this monday to see if they can get things going without having to induce me. If that doesn't work, then the monday after that, I head to the hospital to be induced at 6:30 am. So, if you don't hear from me before the 29th, I will be enjoying the newest addition to our wonderful family. I feel mostly ready, if I don't think about it too much. Haha. I know that I can handle a third child, it just feels like a really big step. I mean, I only have 2 hands! I mostly just feel blessed to have this child be a part of our family and I'm excited to meet him! (And I feel VERY ready to be done being pregnant!)





Maddy has been going potty on the toilet off and on the past week and a half. I am really tempted to just put her in panties all the time and let her have accidents and learn, but I think I will probably wait until after we have adjusted to Miles making his appearance. It has at least been a few days since I changed a poopy diaper/underwear though and that feels so nice! (and yeah, just in time for Miles to make up the difference lol) The funny thing about it is how different Hyrum and Maddy are motivated. Hyrum wants something for his work, dangit, but Maddy just wants someone to be excited for her. The whole potty training experience has actually taught me a lot (and I don't mean about bodily functions, people). I never thought in a million years I would learn a thing from potty training, but I have learned that sometimes making someone try is all it takes and sometimes not making them do anything helps them learn. Timing is essential. ;) Anyway, enough of the potty talk already!





Conference weekend (a couple weeks ago) we drove up the canyon a bit to find the perfect spot to take pictures and boy was it ever perfect! Here are some of my favorites...

Kara did such an awesome job and I love them!

Well, I am off to head to my mom's to finish up sewing Maddy's halloween costume. I will try to update at least one more time before baby Miles comes.

4 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger BA & Heavy D said...

Oh, my goodness, you make such a BEAUTIFUL family, Melissa!!! I hope you don't mind me poppin' in, I couldn't resist! Have a great day!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Of course I don't mind you reading it, BethAnn! The more readers the better. ;) Thanks for the great comments.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Yo hotness! You need to update your picture, your new hairstyle is muy muy more bueno.

Thanks for your post, sometimes working these 10's is not so great, since I miss out on thoughts like this at home. Thanks for posting about it! I am going to have to try a bit harer to look for the good in things...

Love you!
Jay

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger Jarubla said...

Now THAT is what I am talkin about...growl!

-Jay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home