A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I know, I know!

I haven't posted in forever!!!! Or at least that long! I kind of gave up on the whole blog thing because my life just seemed too busy, but now that I've dwindled babysitting down from 3 to 1 (other than my own lol) I feel like I have all the time in the woooooooorld! So, I am back to blogging. I basically want to just type out the funny and amusing things my kids do so I can remember them (and inevitibly scrapbook them later). I think another reason I haven't blogged in so long is because I feel like I have to make every post happy and I certainly wasn't happy (I'm almost positive I have SAD). But now that the winter is over and it has warmed up (excluding yesterday's snow blech!) I am feeling much better and I think I've gotten to the point of being able to let the world see the good, the bad, and the UGLY (don't worry, no pictures of me first thing in the morning posted). Hopefully I can treat this place and somewhere I can tip tap out all of my feelings on the keyboard and see it written out on the screen.

The plan for today is to shower (feeling a bit greasy lol), clean a bit, maybe scrapbook some, and the big fun part -- having Kara come over with her kids and letting them fingerpaint outside. I am SO excited for that! I've never let Hyrum try this before. For fear of the huge mess he would make and that it was too cold outside to make him do it in the snow (but mostly because of the huge mess).

This Easter weekend was a blast. We don't give the kids Easter baskets (mostly my decision). Most of the reason we don't is because my mom was always iffy about it. We would get baskets some years and then not others. And after 3 Easter egg hunts I really don't think my kids need more candy and they definitely don't need more little trinkets to break or get lost. The other reason that we don't do baskets is because I would really rather focus on the reason that we even have Easter. Christ's resurrection. And the least amount of distraction, the better, in my opinion. Anyway, off my soapbox now. We had an egg hunt at my parents' house along with lunch and egg coloring (with crayons) and dyeing them. The boys LOVED doing it all (except eating of course... they never seem to eat when they are all together). I made up for it though and gained a pound back. Arg! I know I did it to myself though. I went on the bike last night while watching Everyone Loves Raymond... a whole half hour. I didn't push myself too hard which kinda dissapointed me, but then I realized I don't have to kill myself every workout. Sometimes I just need to enjoy moving. This morning I did a half hour pilates workout. Yeah, it's my prenatal dvd I got when I was pregnant with one of my kids (um, I don't remember now which one). But I can tell my abs got quite the workout! This is good since that is my problem area. I have GOT to be good today and stay away from the kids' easter candy! I think by now I've eaten most of the good stuff anyway.

Ok, well, the kiddos are awake and Hyrum is probably dumping all his clothes out of his dresser in a big pile in the middle of the floor just so I have to refold them all, so I better go. I promise I'll try to update this thing more often! (Mostly for my sake though... I know, I'm so selfish!)

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Kara Henry said...

So good to have you blogging again! I'm not sure we're coming today though--Xander's still a little sick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home