A Day In the Life of Me

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Guilty pleasures!

So, this morning I woke up with a bit of a headache and instead of suffering through it for a few hours like I usually do, I grabbed a cold can of my favorite caffeinated beverage... diet Dr Pepper and sipped it as I read Lifetime Moments and checked my email. My headache subsided and I did get some housework done. Then around 1:00 my friend/co-worker Kari Marie came over to scrapbook with me. I made 2 birthday cards and a name tag thing for work and hit a wall in creativity. But, my kids were really good and it was fun to chat away with her and scrapbook! Then for dinner I made sausage and french toast out of some home made bread I made yesterday (oatmeal molasses bread... if you want the recipe, let me know). It was soooo good! After we put the kids in bed Jay made a fire in the fireplace (first time since we've lived here!) and that got me in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. So, of course, I made some. So, I got to eat warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk in front of a cozy fireplace and read a book I got from the library. What a night! Oh, and I was in the mood for Mary Higgins Clark, so I'm reading Pretend You Don't See Her which is pretty good so far and I'm about halfway through. I just have to add that life is GOOD! A day full of guilty pleasures for me! I hope your day was half as good as mine. ;)

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

mmmmmmmm I am so hungry now lol :)
I am going to have to put that book on my list in the LM reading forum, I own a few of her books. Glad you had such a good day.

Nikki

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Tammy Chenault said...

Hey, I do want that recipe. Send it on over. :) It was fun to see you tonight and I'm jealous about that fire--cozy!

 
At 3:06 AM , Blogger Kristie said...

Sounds like a good day to me! Hopefully you'll have lots more of those. :)

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I want that recipe too! Sounds like a perfect day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home