A Day In the Life of Me

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter

Easter was really hard for me. I missed my family a lot and was not feeling particularly motivated to cook a big dinner just for my family on that day either. But I couldn't let myself not do it either. I ended up inviting a friend and her family over who are in a similar situation as us. It was so enjoyable! And anyone who really knows me knows I like to cook for other people. I made the works: glazed ham, homemade rolls, salad, carrot cake, and my friend brought the potatoes (which were awesome!). It was really nice to just eat and chat while the kids all ran around.


The day before Easter we went to a ward member's house and the kids had a blast! The eggs had some candy, but most of them were filled with tickets which the kids could "buy" various things with. Maddy was sooo excited to get dangly earrings that she said she thought Grandma Stephens would think were pretty. She even wore them to church on Easter. She is getting to seem so grown up!

The kids love going to the park. The one that is by the library has a merry-go-round. I couldn't resist this picture of them laying on each other on it.

Homeschooling is going well. The kids and I love the parts where we can go do things out of the house. Library day is something we look forward to. This scene of all my kids sitting quietly and reading books sure made this Mom proud! I love that they all just devour books. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Teneill and Corban said...

We had a great time too!! Again, a much better meal than the frozen pizza we would've eaten lol... Thanks for having us:)

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah! It was a lot of fun. Thanks for coming over! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home