A Day In the Life of Me

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Road Trips and Rest Stops

So, Jay has been out of town this week on a business trip to Kansas City (and Wichita) and he is driving back tonight. He was talking about a stop he was making to use the rest room and stretch his legs and how he remembered we stopped at the same place and he parked in the same spot as when we were driving back from Utah over Christmas. He was asking if I remember stops on trips like that and I admitted that I usually don't pay that much detail to stops like that, but I know that Jay does. He remembers the most random gas stations and tries to make the same stops on trips. It makes it kind of fun! I do remember when I was a kid and we would make the road trip from Texas to Utah we would stop at the same gas station every time... and of course I remember it because it had a big green "Little Foot" dinosaur outside of it that we could climb on. You know the one I'm talking about?

I'm sure my parents have pictures of the kids all climbing on it and thinking we were at the best gas station in the U.S.

So, Jay and I were talking about a rest stop that we really liked when we drove out to Utah for Christmas and he couldn't remember where it was. I thought it was in Kansas, and I was right! (Holy cow! Someone be amazed that I remembered where something was that I have been to a single time.) It was near Manhattan, Kansas. And it had this pretty cool sunflower statue and a walking trail that we walked on for a little while and let everyone stretch their legs at.


I think we will try to make this a regular stop on our road trips to Utah. I would love to have a packed lunch there (if I'm remembering right, it had shaded picnic tables).

Are there any rest stops or frequent stops you make when you go on trips that you have special memories of?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home